Director of Sales & Marketing
Synernet, Inc. is excited to announce Pamela Haney, MS, RHIA, CCS, CPC-H, Director of Coding Services, has been honored with the distinguished Triumph Award at the AHIMA 2013 Convention in Atlanta, GA. Ms. Haney’s commitment and dedication to Health Information Management is exemplified by the her unwavering determination to require that everyone on her staff at Synernet is credentialed and then making it happen.
AHIMA Triumph Award Description: The Mentor Award honors individuals or “teams,” with long records of encouraging students or colleagues to realize their full potential, or have helped them find ways to achieve their best. Qualifications: Qualified individuals or “teams” are those rare professional colleagues and friends who touch our lives and launch us toward new horizons. Guidelines: Nomination criteria for this award include the following:
- Demonstrated a record of motivating talented young people to enter the HIM profession
- Encouraged young professionals to become involved in AHIMA activities at the state and local level and supporting their efforts
- Fostered enthusiasm for the profession
- Was willing to provide clinical sites and supervision for multiple students designed to help them achieve competencies established by AHIMA.
- Provided ongoing, long-term career guidance to one or more HIM professionals
- Supported of the training process for new professionals through teaching, serving on panel presentations or advisory committees, and advising individual students
- Served as a mentor who guides students to new opportunities and fosters their enthusiasm for the profession
About Pam Haney, , MS, RHIA, CCS, CPC-H
Pam holds a BS in Health Information Management from Stephens College in Columbia, MO and a Master’s of Science degree in Health Care Administration from California College for Health Sciences. She holds a certificate in Practice Workflow and Information Management Redesign Specialist from Southern Maine Community College.
The American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) is the premier association of health information management (HIM) professionals worldwide. Serving 52 affiliated component state associations and more than 71,000 members, it is recognized as the leading source of “HIM knowledge,” a respected authority for rigorous professional education and training.